Total Pageviews

Thursday, 13 January 2011

Day 23 – Saturday 27th November - “It reminded me of being 15/16 again in the local Greyhound pub”

Jetty

We didn’t really know what to do today until midday when somebody suggested going down to a jetty in Rushcutters Park. Some of the girls in the hostel had already been down to it in the week and said how good it was.
It wasn’t too far to walk to but although it wasn’t one of the best days of weather we’ve had it was still really humid.

The jetty was really choppy because it’s just a floating walkway. It was starting to make me feel quite seasick. Got in the water which was fairly freezing, but it wasn’t too bad after a while of being in it.
We swam out to a little dingy in the harbour until we started to take on too much water. Considering it wasn’t our boat, we didn’t want to sink it so we scarped.

Headed back to the hostel at about 5 just in time for the BBQ. It was a little later today because the geezer cooking it had woken up late. We were absolutely starving already so some people went to get a McDonalds before 7 o’clock.

Jess & Hannah wanted to go to a BritPop night near Central tonight. I wasn’t particularly keen considering it’s not my sort of night or music. I said I would anyway.
We all went to a club in Kings Cross called The Gaff first with the hostel. The hostel has its own Entertainment manager who is our mate Danielle, so she had sorted us out with free transport for everybody and 2 free drinks as well when we got there. Can’t say no to a free pre-drink session.
Dinghy
I actually really liked it in there. A lot of people call it The Gash as it’s meant to be a bit rubbish but I was having a good time. Especially as I’d worked out how much bigger it was than I had thought when I had been there before. It had a massive basement dance floor that I had no idea about.

Jess & Hannah’s room mates Brett & Colin came with us. When we were ready to leave to go to the BritPop night we’d lost Colin somewhere. Brett rang him and we eventually found him outside pulling people off the street to listen to 2 random busking boys. He was trying to convince them to give money. He was off his face drunk. We dragged him into a taxi and we were on our way.

Both taxi drivers were absolutely clueless about where we needed to go. We had no idea either so it’s not like we could have helped.  After a lot of walking and confusion we finally found the place. To be honest it looked like an absolute shit hole out in the middle of nowhere.
Colin was in front of me in the queue and posed absolutely no chance of getting let in. To nobodies surprise the bouncer made him stand on one leg. Standardly, he fell over.

From the moment we set foot inside it was truly awful. There were so many people around that I hated. I couldn’t have been any further away from the type of music and people that I like. It made me sick to think that I had spent $10 to get in and all the money on taxi’s etc just to hate it.
Me & Aaron decided to make the executive decision to leave, cut our loses and go back to The Gaff to try and salvage the night from disaster. I felt bad for scanking the others but I really wasn’t enjoying it. It reminded me of being 15/16 again in the local Greyhound pub on Thursday nights for Jam Sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment