Total Pageviews

Monday, 20 December 2010

Day 10 – Sunday 14th November - “McDonalds, Subway, KFC & Sweets"

Woke up to the sound of knocking. Came to my senses and got up. It was Hannah telling me to wake up. Today we’d all planned to go to Manly beach. I said I’d be ready. I wasn’t going to be. I ended up going back to sleep. Half an hour later I was woken up again by Mike telling me to get ready quickly or they were going to leave.

Ferry
It was really early, early enough even for a McDonalds breakfast. Hannah, Bex, Mike & I got a train to Circular Quay and then caught a surprisingly choppy, yet enjoyable ferry ride to Manly. Which is a first for me because I generally just don’t like boats and get pretty sea sick. It was really good to see the Opera House & Harbour Bridge from a different angle from within the actual harbour itself.

Manly is a really nice place but it’s also really expensive at the same time. This is where fast food visit number 2 of the day came in. Foot long Subway was on the menu for lunch so that we could take it with us onto the beach.

Manly
We decided not to go to the normal obvious main beach that most people would go to, we thought it would be quite obviously over crowded so we opted to find a smaller private little beach/bay to jam in. We found the perfect place that even had a manmade seawater pool next to it.
The weather was incredible and we couldn’t really have asked for a better day.
The actual seawater itself was so clear and absolutely freezing but also really refreshing to be in.

We ended up leaving at about 4 in the end, and it was still boiling hot at that time. To round off the general unhealthiness of the day, we stopped off at KFC for dinner on the way home. All round great day out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment