Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 1 December 2010

Day One - “Near impossible to sleep, repetitive meals and moody Koreans”

Here is the beginning of my time in Australia. This is where I will be writing about the things I’m doing. The highs, the lows and the Sun ;)
I’ve only just finally got round to writing it out.


Heathrow
The flights out were so outrageous. Near impossible to sleep, repetitive meals and moody Koreans would be a great way to sum it all up. Now don’t get wrong, I do like to complain about things quite a lot, but this was true.

One thing I’ve realised about this trip already. which has really surprised me is how big the world really is. Yeah you can look at the figures on paper about how far away Australia really is, but until you actually experience travelling to it for 23 hours. It makes it all become real. The way I look at it is, when you think about you’re travelling at an average speed of 600mph.  Then you think Wow. It must be big.  Plus I don’t think I’d ever be likely to see it all.

On the first flight I ended up sitting with one of the only kids on the plane. He was about 10 and his name was Brandon. Brandon was a common kid; you couldn’t get much commoner than Brandon. He swore at his mum and he was too outspoken for his own good. Nice enough kid but he was at that tender age where everything had to be a question. The easiest thing for me to do was to keep my headphones on. Noise cancelling headphones. Brandon cancelling headphones more like.

There’s not much else you can do on a long flight than to watch films. This summarises the flight.

Funny Guys (Film)
Peanuts
Beef, Mash, Cheesecake
Tea
Killers (Film)
Making Music
Talk to Brandon
Ignore Brandon
Tried to Sleep
Omelette, Hash Brown, Yoghurt
Coffee
Tea
Home Alone (Film)

Seoul Airport
Landed in Seoul, South Korea. Found some free Wi-Fi straight away. iChatted some friends and family which was surreal being so far away. Thought I’d take a walk considering I had both time to kill and also legs to exercise before getting back onto a plane again.
When I was walking through the airport it really was a case of spot the British man, which was me, solely (Seouly).

The second flight was also long. Had to surprisingly sit next to just Koreans. They were also pretty old and rude. By now I was already used to it so didn’t expect much. There isn’t really much to differently say about this flight apart from the fact that I watched different films. Even the food was a repeat on what I had had on the previous flight. You would have thought they could vary it up a bit knowing that we’ve just been on one of their flights already.

Plane
Watched Salt (Film), Despicable Me (Film) and actually slept a little bit longer this time, but nothing to write home about.

No comments:

Post a Comment