Total Pageviews

Friday, 3 December 2010

Day 3 - "I’m glad I didn’t take off my shirt because of my British skin"

Finally having a key sleep is the one. I slept like a log. Although I did wake up when everybody came in from going out. Didn’t bother me though, I’m used to that at Uni.
Got chatting to all of them about where they’re from, what they’ve been doing and their plans. Seems like a lot of people have the same reasoning and plans whilst over here. Good that we’re all on the same page and are like-minded.

Aaron mentioned about the Red Bull Flugtag that was happening in the Botanical Gardens/Harbour today. It’s an event that also used to happen in Brighton before the pier burnt down. The event itself is where contestants have attempted to build their own plane and they then run and jump off a pier to see how far they can fly/glide/ but usually sink.
It sounded like it would be a right laugh and the perfect time to meet a load of other people from the hostel.

Took a walk down to the gardens with about 10 other people. Got chatting to a few people, asking the same sorts of questions about where they were from and their plans. It turns out that most of them have all been living in the same hostel long term whilst doing bits of work here and there.

The weather was absolutely blinding, and a perfect example and reason to be out here. It must have been about 25-30 Degrees. But even then that felt hotter, as people say about the hole in the o-zone layer here, meaning it’s far easier to get burnt.

The Flugtag was so jokes; we all got some beers in and it was a good chance to get to know the others. We must have spent about 4-5 hours in the Gardens watching. After a while we found ourselves not actually even watching it anymore but just chatting. I’m glad I didn’t take off my shirt because my British skin was already burnt on my arms, face and back of my legs.

When I got back to the hostel, I realised I’d already lost my brand new camera. I decided to forget about it and have a look tomorrow because I was still convinced that it was probably just somewhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment