Everybody had work again so I was up early anyway. Thought I’d catch the free breakfast before going out.
Went to the police station to report my camera missing just in case by some miracle somebody had handed it in. They told me that the place to report it was on the phone with a serial number rather than in the actual station.
Went to an Internet Café to print out a CV for the record store. Also looked on Gumtree (a traveller’s bible for jobs in Australia) at lots of different jobs. I think its good because I’ve been looking at so many jobs that normally back home I would never even consider doing which I’m actually contemplating here, e.g. a Junior Tennis coach. Ha.
Already got some catalogue delivering line up in the CBD for a week in December. It’s all money though, which is obviously the key.
Also possible charity work, event promotions and the potential record shop job. It’s all about just waiting now to hear back.
As I left the Internet Café to go to the record store I got stopped by a backpacker style travel agent shop asking me if I had any plans to go travelling around Australia. She asked me if I had any time to go through what options there were. I thought I didn’t really have to be anywhere so why not take a look at what was on offer. Especially as I hadn’t really made any plans yet for my time in Australia.
She sat me down and told me about the main East Coast trip that most people did, I let her go through it bit by bit. Although I did only just go in to hear what she had to say, I actually got really hooked into what it included. It’s not even that she was good at her job and convincing, the trip generally just spoke for itself and had so much involved in it. The pictures looked amazing and I know that so many people that travel to Australia either have done it or choose to do this same thing. I ended up putting down a deposit for it and can pay it off nearer the time. It was about $1000, which isn’t all too bad, considering if I can get a good job that can pay more than enough for me to be able to save enough.
Finally took the walk up to the record store to hand in my CV. Picked up another magazine and sat on a bench to give it a flick. Found a jobs section in the back. There was a club looking for a DJ. Was starting to look like everything I did had a certain level of fate. I decided to give the number a ring but the receptionist there told me to ring tomorrow morning instead.
| The view from where I sat |
Sat in the park for what must have been about 2 hours writing up the past days of diary, seeing as I’d been so busy being a tourist etc. When I’d finished I walked over the road and went and looked around the new Westfield Shopping Centre that had just been built in the city. I was so impressed with it. I had about 6 floors of relentless plush, expensive branded shops such as Swarovski, Adidas, Prada etc. All with amazing décor on each one. No cheap shops in this place, not like England would have it.
The bottom floor was the most insane bit of the whole place; it went on across ways and joined on to other shopping centres underground. I’d never seen anything like it and it felt like I must have been walking for about a mile underneath the city.

No comments:
Post a Comment